Gift this class
Introduction to Machine Embroidery
Come along and learn to create freehand machine embroidered pictures using water colours, fabric scraps and machine embroidery. Make your picture small or large – they create a wonderful framed picture or amazing card inserts. A great way to develop your creativity, relax and have fun!
Participants will create a series of pieces which could be used as cards, framed or kept as a resource for future reference. This workshop is suitable for all levels even if you have never sewn before.
This workshop is suitable for both beginners and more experienced stitchers. Men are encouraged to attend!
Some tools and materials will be provided .
What to bring:
- Sewing machine serviced/in good working order,
- All feet (darning or free motion embroidery, as well as normal sewing foot), accessories, manual & extension table. For free motion embroidery, you will need to know how to lower, or on some models, cover the feed teeth. Please refer to your machine manual or contact your dealer,
- Spare needles and extra bobbins,
- A picture or two you would like to recreate in stitch,
- Any special thread you would like to try to use (machine embroidery thread will be provided),
- Personal sewing kit (scissors, pins and needles)
- Note book and pen
- Your imagination and enthusiasm
- You will learn how to: watercolour onto non woven fabric
- prepare fabric for machine embroidery
- how to set up your sewing machine for free machine embroidery
- Following the workshop you will know how to use your sewing machine to create fantastic art.
- There will be samples and images of embroidery on textiles to study and inspire you.
- Bring your enthusiasm :)
- your sewing machine, darning foot, bobbins and spare needles.
- a personal sewing kit (scissors, pins and needles), any images would would like to use as inspiration and a notebook and pen
All levels of stitchers
Cancellation & Refund Policy
If you are unable to attend your workshop, please let us know 4 days or more before your workshop and we will give you a credit note to be used at a later date, or transfers are available upon request. No credit notes will be issued for cancellations when less than 4 working days' notice is given but we are happy for you to earn some extra karma points and give your ticket to one of your friends.
Karhina Designs reserves the right to cancel any scheduled workshop. The reasons this may occur are (a) if a workshop does not reach the minimum number of students or (b) an Artist or Workshop Facilitator falls ill. In the unfortunate circumstance of a workshop being cancelled, students will be notified at least 2 days before the commencement of the workshop and refunded the fee or offered a credit note to use at a later date. All other deposits and class payments are non-refundable but will be held and transferred to another class of your choice (assuming there is a vacancy) for a term of 12 months from date of payment.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to organise a refund or transfer.
Terms & Conditions
You may be photographed at this event. Please advise us in writing prior to the workshop via email to email@example.com if you do not wish to be photographed prior to the Workshop taking place.
Cancellations – Karhina Designs reserves the right to cancel any scheduled workshop. The reasons this may occur are (a) if a workshop does not reach the minimum number of students or (b) an Artist or Workshop Facilitator falls ill. In the unfortunate circumstance of a workshop being cancelled, students will be notified at least 2 days before the commencement of the workshop and a credit note will be issued to be used at a later date.