Visible Mending with Sparkle
Mend your clothes -make them as individual as you
Want to add some sparkle to your life? Love a bit of bling? Then come along to this fun workshop of slow sewing and learn hand stitching techniques with lots of creative possibilities for embellishing, repairing & enhancing your clothes using metallic thread and fabric . Stitching is a great life skill which can save you money, save your clothes and reduce your impact on the environment!
Join the sustainable fashion revolution – We need to buy less, buy better and keep asking questions about the realities behind what we’re purchasing. We need to love the clothes we already own more and work harder to make them last.
This workshop is suitable for both beginners and more experienced stitchers.
Metallic threads and fabrics along with some other tools and materials will be provided along with a handout of stitches.
What to bring:
- A garment that needs repairing or embellishing,
- Any fun fabrics you have for reconstruction, applique or patching, ,
- Any thread you would like to use to add bling (embroidery thread, yarn, wool, etc),
- Personal sewing kit (scissors, pins and needles)
- Your imagination and enthusiasm
- You will learn how to prepare metallic fabric ready for patching
- And how to sew with metallic threads
- You will learn to repair and embellish your clothing with a bit of sparkle making them a delight to wear again.
- Garments (jeans, shirts, jumpers) that have rips or holes that needs repairing,
- Embellishments (buttons, patches, etc); Any thread you would like to use (embroidery thread, yarn, wool, etc), Personal sewing kit (scissors, pins and needles); Your imagination and enthusiasm
Open to everyone interested!
Cancellation & Refund Policy
If you are unable to attend your workshop, please let us know 4 days or more before your workshop and we will give you a credit note to be used at a later date, or transfers are available upon request. No credit notes will be issued for cancellations when less than 4 working days' notice is given but we are happy for you to earn some extra karma points and give your ticket to one of your friends. In some circumstance Karhina Designs may issue a refund of fees paid these will be less the WeTeachMe transaction fees which are nonrefundable.
Karhina Designs reserves the right to cancel any scheduled workshop. The reasons this may occur are (a) if a workshop does not reach the minimum number of students or (b) an Artist or Workshop Facilitator falls ill. In the unfortunate circumstance of a workshop being cancelled, students will be notified at least 2 days before the commencement of the workshop and refunded the fee or offered a credit note to use at a later date. All other deposits and class payments are non-refundable but will be held and transferred to another class of your choice (assuming there is a vacancy) for a term of 12 months from date of payment.
Email email@example.com to organise a refund or transfer.
Terms & Conditions
You may be photographed at this event. Please advise us in writing prior to the workshop via email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not wish to be photographed prior to the Workshop taking place.
Cancellations – Karhina Designs reserves the right to cancel any scheduled workshop. The reasons this may occur are (a) if a workshop does not reach the minimum number of students or (b) an Artist or Workshop Facilitator falls ill. In the unfortunate circumstance of a workshop being cancelled, students will be notified at least 2 days before the commencement of the workshop and a credit note will be issued to be used at a later date.